Tofu Scramble by Davy Davidson.
Ingredients for 4 to 6 servings:
* 14 oz. firm tofu, drained
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon salt
* ¼ teaspoon black pepper
* 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
* ¼ - ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
* 3 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 chopped medium-size onion
* 1 chopped medium-sized red pepper
* 6 oz. sliced mushrooms
* 2 - 3 cups washed raw spinach
Crumble tofu into bit-size pieces in bowl and mix with cumin, salt, pepper, ginger, turmeric. Set aside.
Heat pan to medium to medium-high. Add olive oil. Sauté onions in oil until they begin to soften (about 2 minutes). Add mushrooms and red pepper. Sauté until just soft.
Cover a minute to speed cooking and release juices if you like. Stir in tofu mixture. Heat through about a minute. Add spinach leaves and cover for ½ minute to soften them. Mix in spinach until it’s barely wilted. Serve warm with toast, potatoes, vegan sausage, etc.